The primary purpose of the Wellness Director-LVN is to provide primary care to specific residents under the medical direction and supervision of the residents’ attending physicians or the Medical Director of The Center, with an emphasis on assessment, illness prevention and health care management. He/She will also assist in modifying the treatment regimen to meet the physical and psychosocial needs of the resident, in accordance with established medical practices and the requirements of this state and the policies and goals of The Center.
- Welcome residents and orient them to the environment, provide information and instruction to residents and their families in areas such as resident rights
- Perform an assessment evaluation and a complete in-depth physical examination; use assessment techniques including observation, inspection, auscultation, percussion, and palpation; perform optic and ophthalmic examinations
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess resident’s clinical problems and health care needs. Report these to the attending physician
- Provide therapeutic services
- Participate as requested by the Medical Director or Chief Nursing Officer in the planning and conducting of in-service training classes including medical skills and procedures used within the facility
- Participate in educational programs for residents, their family members, and the community
- Ensure that all personnel wear and/or use safety equipment (e.g., back brace, mechanical lifts, etc.) when moving or lifting residents
- Ensure that the department’s policy and procedure manuals identify safety precautions and equipment to use when performing tasks that could result in bodily injuries
- Schedule, attend, and participate in developing the agenda for Care Plan committee meetings as necessary
- Participate in regularly scheduled reviews of the Discharge Plans and make such plans available to the Care Plan Committee as required or as may be necessary
- Conduct departmental performance evaluations in accordance with The Center’s policies and procedures
- Perform administrative duties regarding assigned residents, such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc.
- Serve on the Interdisciplinary Care Plan Team and work with the team in developing a comprehensive assessment and care plan for residents
- Serve on, participate in, and attend various committees of The Center (i.e., Infection Control, Policy Advisory, Pharmaceutical, Budget, Quality Assessment and Assurance, etc.) as required
- Performs other duties as assigned