Administers prescribed medications to residents and maintains related medical records under supervision of Director of Nursing by performing the following duties.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments as defined by state regulations in accordance with company policy and procedure
- Verifies identity of resident receiving medication and records name of drug, dosage, and time of administration on resident’s chart
- Presents medication to resident and observes ingestion or other application, or administers medication
- Takes vital signs or observes resident to detect response to specified types of medications and prepares report or notifies designated personnel of unexpected reactions
- Reports to charge nurse and documents reasons prescribed drugs are not administered
- Receives supply of ordered medications for administration to resident.
- Records and restocks medication inventories
- Counts narcotics at the beginning and end of shift and records on appropriate forms. Notifies Director of Nurses immediately of any discrepancies
- Gives and/or assist in direct resident care such as bathing, dressing, and feeding residents, and assisting in examinations and treatments as applicable
- Assist Nurse Aides during meal times with tray passing, picking up trays and feeding as applicable
- Responds to call lights in a timely manner
- Monitors for effectiveness of PRN medications and reports and documents outcomes to Charge Nurse
- Provide assistance to charge nurses with the cleanliness of the nursing station, medication room and supply room
- Reports to DON/Administrator incidents/accidents, and alleged abuse incidences
- Understands and adheres to the guidelines of “Residents Rights
- Attends periodic in-services and staff meetings.